Links for Greener Learning understands the importance of volunteers, as volunteers are always the heart of every not-for-profit organization. We can work together as a team to help preserve and protect our environment, as well as promote sustainable learning. We want you to get involved and look forward to working together. For volunteer inquiries please contact us.
Why you should volunteer with LGL
- Learn about environmental issues in Canada
- Meet new people out of doors while working for your community
- Explore your career and gain Canadian experience in environmental education
- Enhance your English-speaking ability
- Gain employment skills, and Canadian work experience (Newcomers to Canada)
- Gain professional contacts and networking opportunities
- Give back to the community and help protect the environment
- We provide training
- Administrative Assistant
- Community outreach
- Grant writing and proposal developers
- Good Food Box Packers and Cleaners
The internship program gives newcomers and domestic who are students or post graduate adults an opportunity to gain Canadian employment experience and create a network of contacts while gaining school credit. This program is a great opportunity for newcomers and domestic students to learn, expand their knowledge base and benefit from invaluable on the job experience. To apply for an internship program: Please sent your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
"As a new immigrant, I definitely went through a lot of adjustments, but by volunteering as an Accountant at Links for Greener Learning, I became pre-occupied once or twice a week during my days-off by doing something I like, so it became easier for me to get through these adjustments. At the same time, I get some helpful advices from my co-workers who were also immigrants"
"Merci pour l'occasion que j'ai eu de travailler comme bénévole avec vous. C'est une expérience qui m'a fait grandir professionnellement et personnellement. Je sais maintenant que je n'ai pas le temps de continuer à cause de mon travail mais cela ne signifie pas que je veux couper les liens que j'ai avec vous, je tiens à exprimer mon désir de retourner au travail comme bénévole avec vous selon, le temps disponible. Je dis au revoir à vous en vous remerciant encore pour tout ce que j'ai appris"